STAGE 2 WATER ALERT
Under Stage 2, there will be a voluntary 5% – 10% reduction in landscape and pasture irrigation as well as indoor water use. Customers with “smart” irrigation timers or controllers are asked to set their controllers to achieve 90% – 95% of the evapotranspiration “ET” rate. Drip irrigation systems are excluded from this requirement. Contact the District for tips to reduce indoor water use.
Please note the following restrictions:
- Water is to be confined to the customer’s property and should not run onto adjoining properties, the roadside ditch, or gutter.
- All hoses are required to have an automatic shut-off device attached to prevent free-flowing water when not in use.
- Pool draining and refilling as well as washing streets, parking lots, driveways, sidewalks, or buildings is prohibited except as necessary for health, maintenance, structural, or sanitary reasons.
- Any fountain or decorative water feature must use recirculated water.
CHWD customers are encouraged to take advantage of the District’s water conservation programs and rebates.
Learn to Create a Beautiful, WaterSmart Landscape
Free Gardening Workshop by Sustainable Landscaping and Irrigation Experts
— Getting the Best Yard with the Least Water
July 23, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
To register, visit: www.ecolandscape.org, and click on WaterSmart Landscape Workshops
Registration deadline: Friday July 1, 5 p.m.
Registration is limited to the Sacramento Regional Water Authority customers and customers of Citrus Heights Water District, Cal-American Water Company, and Sacramento Suburban Water District.
Citrus Heights Community Center, 6300 Fountain Square Drive
Citrus Heights, CA
- Identify the right plants and best placement
- Convert or upgrade sprinkler systems
- Properly place emitters to protect your investment
All attendees are entered into a raffle to win prizes for WaterSmart landscapes!
Paying your bills
We offer many options for paying your bills:
STATE OF CALIFORNIA CASH FOR GRASS PROGRAM
The State of California is offering a cash for grass program. For information on this program visit http://www.saveourwaterrebates.com/ This program is not affiliated with CHWD.