The Citrus Heights Water District is an Irrigation District, founded in 1920, operating under the State of California Water Code. CHWD provides drinking water to an estimated service area population of 67,000 customers via approximately 19,600 water service connections in Sacramento and Placer Counties, including about 60% of the area within the boundaries of the City of Citrus Heights.
This year, Citrus Heights Water District (CHWD) celebrates 100 years as a leading independent water service provider! We take pride in continuing our work to deliver a safe, dependable and healthy supply of water to our customers.
In our latest Waterline Newsletter, we mark this moment by reflecting on the substantial investments in infrastructure and community programs we have offered over the years and a look towards the future.
Serving Approximately 67,000 People Across 12.2 Square Miles
CHWD is the water purveyor to approximately 67,000 people in portions of Citrus Heights, Fair Oaks, Orangevale, Carmichael, and Roseville, California. The CHWD service area consists of 12.2 square miles of service line with over 19,980 service connections. More than 30 dedicated employees operate and maintain the water system, ensuring high quality water, and providing great customer service.
The District operates under a governing body of three elected members on a Board of Directors with an appointed General Manager.
Board Of Directors
It is the mission of the Citrus Heights Water District to furnish a dependable supply of safe, quality water delivered to its customers in an efficient, responsive, and affordable manner.
The Citrus Heights Water District will continue to evolve as a dynamic provider of municipal water service to ensure that our customers receive the best value without giving it a second thought.
We at Citrus Heights Water District will excel at fulfilling our mission and vision by adhering to our core values and dedicating ourselves to these commitments:
- Being good stewards of our water supply and the environment.
- Responsibly managing the District’s capital, fiscal and personnel assets.
- Providing reliable and dependable water service at an affordable cost.
- Providing a water supply that meets or exceeds State and federal water quality standards.
- Providing customer service that is extraordinary to both our ratepayers and to our work team.
- Being a valuable resource for our customers in consistently providing friendly, respectful service.
- Providing information that is accurate, complete and relevant.
- Excelling beyond our commitments when moments of opportunity arise.
- Conducting our affairs with the highest ethical standards.
- Developing and implementing reasonable policies and procedures that foster integrity and trust.
- Having a friendly, courteous and professional person readily available through all channels of communication to customers during business hours.
- Having a well-trained staff that supports one another in opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Providing the equipment, technology and training necessary to ensure that our customers receive the best value in water service.
- Working together for each other and for our customers.
- Providing employee compensation and benefits that are competitive, affordable and retain and attract high quality professionals to provide services to our customers.
- Empowering staff that is accountable, team-oriented and supportive of each member’s performance.
- Creating a positive and safe work environment that recognizes and rewards superior performance.
- Hiring progressive employees that will fulfill the mission of the District.
- Supporting economic growth by ensuring water service ample to meet new customer demand.
- Collaborating with other agencies in support of regional endeavors of mutual interest and benefit.
- Efficiently and effectively accomplishing the day’s business while preparing for the future.
- Choosing a great attitude.