- What time of day should I water?
- Can I receive a rebate for tearing out my lawn?
- How can I report water wasters?
- Does CHWD offer recycled water?
- Can I wash my car?
- Can I fill my pool?
- How can I see my water usage?
See below for information about the new State Water Efficiency Regulations
Links to Water Efficiency Resources
For more water efficiency tips, check out these great links:
Water Status Update
The CHWD Board of Directors recently changed the Districts water conservation Stage from a Stage 2 Water Alert to a Stage 1 Normal Water Supply. This means that the District’s water supply is able to meet all the water demands of its customers in the immediate future.
Stage 1–Normal Water Supply
- Water shall be confined to the customer’s property and shall not be allowed to run off to adjoining properties or to the roadside ditch or gutter. Care shall be taken not to water past the point of saturation.
- Free-flowing hoses for all uses are prohibited. Automatic shut-off devices shall be attached on any hose or filling apparatus in use.
- Leaking customer pipes or faulty sprinklers shall be repaired within five (5) working days or less if warranted by the severity of the problem.
- All pools, spas, and ornamental fountains/ponds shall be equipped with a recirculation pump and shall be constructed to be leak-proof. Pool draining and refilling shall be allowed only for health, maintenance, or structural considerations.
- Washing streets, parking lots, driveways, sidewalks, or buildings, is prohibited except as necessary for health, esthetic or sanitary purposes.
Customers are encouraged to take advantage of the District’s water conservation programs and rebates.
Report Water Waste – Contact Form
If you observe any water being wasted within the CHWD service area, please report it! CHWD will look into these claims. Please fill out the contact form below. All reports will be anonymous. Your name or email address will not be shared.
Water Usage Calculator
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What time of day should I water?
To minimize the amount of water that is lost to evaporation, watering should only take place between dusk and dawn.
Can I receive a rebate for tearing out my lawn?
**NEW**The State of California is offering a cash for grass program. For information on this program visit http://www.saveourwaterrebates.com/ This program is not affiliated with CHWD.
CHWD is currently not offering any rebate for lawn removal. We may consider this option for the future. If you are interested in putting your name on a list for more information on this in the future, please complete the contact form below.
How can I report water wasters?
If you see any water being wasted within the CHWD service area, please report it using our report water wasters contact form. You can also call the District at (916) 725-6873, Option 6. CHWD will investigate these reports and can disconnect water service if necessary.
Does CHWD offer recycled water?
CHWD does not currently offer recycled water to customers.
Can I wash my car?
There are currently no restrictions in place that prohibit the washing of cars. However, free-flowing hoses are prohibited. All hoses must have an automatic shut off valve at all times. CHWD encourages customers to wash vehicles or other equipment at commercial car washes that use recycled or reclaimed water.
Can I fill my pool?
The District requests that pool draining and refilling are specifically for health, maintenance, or structural purposes. For more information, please contact the District at (916) 725-6873.
How can I see my Water Usage?
By simply clicking this link and registering your account number, you can view your past water bills, and find your usage.
Contact Information – CHWD’s Water Efficiency Supervisor
Do you have any additional questions about the drought or conservation? Please feel free to contact Rex Meurer, CHWD’s Water Efficiency Supervisor. Rex has been with CHWD for more than 15 years. He can be reached at (916) 725-6873 or email@example.com.
To email your local representative, click on their name below.